The Correlation of IELTS Malaysia and CEFR Scale on your English Level.
In this IELTS Band Score to CEFR Scale, Foreign students and workers that intend to study and work abroad will most likely get asked to fulfil a specific assessment and IELTS Test to meet the minimum level prior to offer and enrollment.
Most of us go nuts when asked to do IELTS preparation and Test Exams, this can be daunting for those who are not native speakers or lack the needed language environment to hone the language. Our English course Malaysia helps student and workers to determine their English level before advancing foreign study and work.
What is CEFR?
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment
- Also abbreviated as CEFR, CEF, or CEFRL
- It is a measurement to determine the speakers’ fluency level in specific languages in different countries.
- Companies and Educational Institutes assess the applicants’ language capability.
- CEFR aims to give the method of learning, teaching and assessing Applicable to language fluency.
The CEFR classifies linguistic elements into 4 groups: reception (listening and reading), output (spoken and written), conversation (spoken and written), and mediation (translating and interpreting).
The Common Reference Levels in CEFR
With all 4 elements of language fluency, there are six Common Reference Levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2) which are elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced, and proficiency.
Foreign students will find the following picture useful as it shows the level of achievement needed in the IELTS Test, you can work your way up the CEFR scale, and polish your English fluency to match your goal in the IELTS Test preparation and result.
The six levels of the CEFR scale:
Elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced, and proficiency.
CEFR categorizes English language users into three Level Groups three Level Groups, each level consists of Two explanatory levels.